We are starting our Spring Resilience Campaign, it helps build resilience in kids who have suffered trauma due to abuse, neglect, runaway issues, or homelessness.
The program is designed to help our children and teens improve their adaptability from trauma through arts and crafts, writing, expressive arts, or sports. This program enriches the lives of our youth by providing creative activities to bring comfort to them in a difficult time.
Arts and crafts help them to relax and see life from a brighter perspective. Sports or dance helps them focus on the positive. Writing or singing gives them a new way to express themselves and be heard. Most importantly it helps them envision a different and more positive future than their current situation.
There still is time to make a difference or add to our campaign…
- Donate money to sponsor a youth at a summer camp.
- Donate gifts cards for Mardels, Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, Walmart, Target, or Amazon.
- Donate items from our list below-
- Canvases (all sizes), Model Car Kits, Jewelry making Kits for teens, Jewelry Box Kits, Sketch Pads and Drawing Pencils, Card Stock (Colorful), Rainbow Scratch Art, Pet Rocks, Slime Kits, Science Kits, Paint Pens, Sharpies (Big Set), Sharpies, Spray Glitter and Spray Clear Coat, Mod Podge (Indoor/Outdoor), Water Colors, Kinetic Sand,Tie Dye kits and Fabric Pens, Gloves, White Shirts (all sizes), Rubber Bands, Drawing Books (All Sizes), Mechanical or Art Pencils, Painters Tape, Crayola Model Magic, Elmers Glitter Glue, QTips, Tooth Pics, Duck Tape, Deco Mesh (All Colors), Large Craft Sticks & Popsicle sized, Paper Plates (white/cheap kind), Lunch Sacks (White or Brown), Buttons all colors and styles, Sun Catcher Sets, White T Shirts (All Sizes).
- Donate Gift Cards for Outings- Family Fun Center, Jump for Joy, Urban Air, Castaway Cove, BoomTown Bay, Lazer Tag, Bowling, Crash Works, Restaurants, Yogurt, Braums, Sonic, Chuck-E-Cheese.
You can bring all items by the Children’s Aid Society @1101 30th St, Wichita Falls, Texas 76302. Or Call to see how you can help (940) 322-3141.