The NEW school year is now right around the corner, and the back to school madness is upon us. That’s why today we are putting out our wish lists for back to school needs! There’s still time to make an impact on some of the most vulnerable kids in our community: We are still collecting donations throughout July and August to help the children and teens within the care of our two shelters the Children’s Home and Teen Shelter.
Our goal is to collect enough supplies to help children start this school year with the items they need to be successful. With the help of community supporters, we can help every child within our care to start this school year off right!
We feel very fortunate to get caring support from our donors. Our supporters truly care about the well-being and needs of community youth and for that we are thankful!
How CAN YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE TODAY?
Since 1912, the Children’s Aid Society of west Texas Inc. has been giving victims of abuse, homelessness, and neglect safe shelter. The agency benefits from grants, corporations, and individuals to help us in this endeavor. One easy and fun way to make a lasting impact in the lives of our children and teens is through donations. If you would like to organize a donation drive with your church, work or individually, there are a few things to consider before getting started.
WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW IN PARTICULAR?
While we will gladly and gratefully accept thick, warm jackets in June, think about the season and what you and your family currently are wearing. If it is summer and your children are wearing shorts and T- shirts and shopping for back to school, chances are our residents and clients need the same things. So we are in need of summer and fall clothing!!
WHAT DO YOU NEED IN YOUR DAY-TO-DAY LIFE?
Paper towels, laundry detergent, shampoo and conditioner aren’t glamorous donations, but they are absolutely necessary. Without these day-to-day items, the children and teens in our emergency shelter would not be able to live comfortably.
Now, you’re ready to help us make a difference! See this full list of current needs below. Then, get together with your friends, coworkers, church, and book club and start collecting!
- Gift Cards for Clothing and Shoes. (Target, Wal-Mart, JC Penney, Shoe Stores, Beauty Salon, Sikes Mall)
- School Supplies ( K-12 )and Backpacks (all styles)
- Snack Items, Juice Boxes, Lunch Bags, Ziplocs all sizes
- Ethnic Hair Products, Head Lice Shampoo/Lotion/Spray
- Cosmetics (all skin tones), Make-Up Sets, Body Wash and Body Spray
- Diapers & Pull-Ups sizes 2 to 5T & Baby Wipes
- Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, 9Volt )
- Paper Plates, Napkins, Plastic Cutlery, and Solo Cups
- Gift Cards for Dinner Out (All Restaurants- (Fast-food, Ice-cream, and Table Service)
- Gift Cards for Outings (Movies, Skating, Mini Golf, Bowling, etc.)
- Craft Kits, Canvases with Acrylic Paint, and Art Supplies
- Gas and Grocery Gift Cards for Shelter Use
- Financial Donations can be made online or to the agency:
1101 30th Street, Wichita Falls, Texas 76302
If you have any questions or want more information on in-kind donations, please contact our office at email@example.com or call 940-322-3141.